I agree that CFDs are dangerous. I met with a representative and...

1. 5,862 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 223
    I agree that CFDs are dangerous. I met with a representative and it was quite something to see him lying to my face - claiming that they don't make money from losing clients, that they just make it from the spread.

Regarding stop losses, I once placed a trade out of real market trading hours. I watched the candle suddenly stop moving up and then move down 30 points to hit my stop, then instantly turn back up again. Also, it's amazing how they'll trigger your stop the instant it gets within a point, but when you have an open order, it's got to go past your price to trigger it.

Also, when the market is running, it's almost impossible to get on in the direction it's moving. Messages keep coming up to say that the price has changed even though they are already around 4 points ahead of the real market.

I trade indices, and they usually gap the market ahead of open so that you can't profit. That's fair enough because the futures market is gapped as well. But with enough experience, you can find anomalies and trade them. And you can fade in on a trending market. The key is to bet small so that you don't panic when it goes against you. But of course, it is the promise of huge profits that attract most punters, so they bet large and lose.
    Last edited by LeeKing: 14/01/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.