Coming from fx trading with Go Markets for about 7 years. Happy...

1. 47 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    Coming from fx trading with Go Markets for about 7 years. Happy with them so far buy they don't offer CFDs on shares and others

I wanted to give CFDs a try and stumbled across this thread. Almost created an account with CMC and get the account funded

I have created an account with IG Markets instead. Anyone have feedback on IG and holding costs?

I once held multiple 2 lot positions with AUDUSD and EURUSD back then with the 2011 Greek crisis. I was down -$40k one stage but held on for a month and a bit and topped up to maintain the margins. Eventually the market reversed and I was down -$4k and I closed out my positions better than -$40k! and went to the hair Salon to treat my white hair LOL

So I'm don't mind holding on to positions depending on the holding costs. But don't want any nasty suprises like the OP and get stopped out

I'm on demo at the moment with IG Markets so keen on any other providers that you recommend?

On another note:

Demo Position: 14/02/2017 I SELL 5000 size at 6.98 at 12:24pm and closed 6.95 same day 24 minutes later. Profit loss $150 but commission taken out -$69.65 so total PL $80.35? Not sure how they worked that out LOL Margin was 5% and slippage factor 30% I think

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.