On the day of the Crucifixion, Jesus was on the Cross,...

1. 549 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    On the day of the Crucifixion, Jesus was on the Cross, surrounded by a ring of legionnaires, while his follows stood just outside the range of their spears. Among them is Simon Peter, Rock of the Church. Faintly on the wind, Simon Peter hears his Master's voice. "Peter, Peter..." heedless of the danger, he rushed forward, shouting, "I'm coming, my Lord!" But alas, he was grabbed by the soldiers, had his arms chopped off, and was thrown back to the crowd. Not a minute passed, but Peter once again heard his name called whisperingly, "Peter, Peter...!" And once again, in a desperate attempt to get to his savior, Simon Peter ran forward, and was caught once more. Losing his legs this time, he was tossed back. A third time, Simon Peter heard his name, "Peter, Peter..." and as he inched his way with his chin, the legionaries were moved by his act of loyalty, and let him pass.Reaching the foot of the Cross, he looked up, fading fast and said, "I'm here, my Lord, how can I aid you?"Jesus replied, "Peter... I can see my house from here."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.