EYE 0.00% 18.5¢ nova eye medical limited

I certainly would not agree with your assertions about different...

1. 10,225 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1243

I certainly would not agree with your assertions about different timeframes. The figures I set out were from the half yearly accounts, published on the Hot Copper website. It is a basic tenet of accountancy to compare the most recent like for like periods and as much as I may be mistaken, I could not see the full year 2023 and 2022 accounts. I subsequently found them elsewhere.So the figures I reported were like for like half year 2023 and 2022, which is a good way of monitoring movements and measuring results.

TheAnalyst007 was putting forward projections of sales, with his own spin attached. That is different, but not a different timeframe.

Expenses in the 2022 year of $21.95 mil rose to $34 mil in the 2023 year. Of that $34 mil, $6.044 was attributed to the write down of the AlphaRETR segment, due to the lack of ($6.044 mil) cash available to support its ability to self support.So in 3 years sales have gone from $13.378 mil -$17 mil - $23.5 mil, while expenses have gone from $21.95 mil to $34 mil (or $28 without the write down) to ? for 2024.

I believe they have added products and businesses in that 3 years, and one would hope they could achieve economies of scale, but I don't think those results can yet be called impressive, at least not until it is known what 2024 expenses are. They are likely to run out of cash again, having already raised twice, there is not much acknowledgement of profit, sales are still modest, even if they rise to $30 mil this coming financial year, they will still be outweighed by rising expenses. They can either take on debt or raise capital but the business has a long way to go until it shows viability.

The market prices it at 21 cents, it seems optimistic until it gets its expenses under control, increases sales exponentially and simultaneously puts some money aside for working capital. A capital raise won't assist the SP, nor will getting a loan - they will be doing one or the other.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EYE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.