CNB 0.88% 56.5¢ carnaby resources limited

CNB and why it is STILL undervalued!!, page-1335

1. 1,042 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6350
    I learnt long ago that I have absolutely no idea what the share price will do in the short term and that in the long term for exploration stocks commodity prices and market momentum seem at least as important as exploration results. I have been investing in exploration and mining stocks since 1987. Good luck to everyone who sold at the recent highs and made profit. They are not turncoats or sellouts, it is important to take profits sometimes and live to play another day. I have taken profits on a number of companies recently, SFR, RWC, PNV, AME, buy low sell high etc. I have held CNB.

That is why I have been saying we need to go hard now to generate drill results and JORC resources, the market mood and commodity prices will do the rest. It is also easy at the moment to generate capital to do this, in periods of low commodity prices or market downturns the money is hard to come by. So we can add value to the asset base now but this opportunity will not be there forever. The best chance to do this is near Mt. Isa. I am still hopeful that with further drilling, geophysics to pick up sulphide rich zones, and persistence, that we will find some better gold zones at Strelley. I purchased for the near term JORC resource potential of the Cu-Au projects near Duchess, everything else was a bonus.

I provide here my interpretation of the geology and results but even if they are good it does not mean that the share price goes up because there are so many others factors in the share price. I have found over the years that I can often see the potential before the market for exploration projects. Unfortunately often so early that I wait for years before the market sees this potential through drilling results or resources. This means my boredom and frustration kicks in and I have a bad habit of selling into the first rally for a good % profit but not a fraction of what I might of gained had I held for a bit longer. I have changed my investment approach to target companies that have been through the long haul and are close to generating the assets that are JORC Resources or mines. Hence my investments in CNB, HMX, AZY, MEU and, recently, NML (announced a small JORC but my view is that it is much bigger and higher grade but they were a couple of drill holes short of JORC so couldn't include it) and CYL (which have taken over the Henty mine, changed the economics and generated high grade ore zones to mine going forward).

I have no idea what the CNB share price will do but I hope that generating a few JORC resources at the Duchess area will be positive. Just a few higher grade drill hits in WA could be significant too (but higher risk of failure than Duchess).

DYOR. Not investment advice - I cannot predict share prices. Good luck to all holders whatever your trading strategy is.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
56.5¢
Change
-0.005(0.88%)
Mkt cap ! $97.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
57.0¢ 57.5¢ 55.0¢ $235.3K 416.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 999 56.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
57.5¢ 9571 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CNB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.