CNB 0.88% 56.5¢ carnaby resources limited

I'm neither a Geo nor a professional / sophisticated investor.12...

1. 119 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    I'm neither a Geo nor a professional / sophisticated investor.

12 - 18 months ago I looked at numerous explorers to move some profits from another company into.

When buying an explorer I was essentially buying a "mystery gift box" like the kind you buy at markets for children.

I wasn't going in blind, I had done the best research I could to determine which "vendor" (company) had the best and most likely potential prize. I settled on two: CNB and HMX. At the time the CNB vendor essentially said to me "for 7c you can buy this box which contains 5 or 6 other boxes which in turn may or may not contain gold and copper. Oh, and there is one smaller box here that we know contains a little gold but we think there might be even more gold in it too."

Since then the asking price went up as high as 40c however the risk was removed: the vendor opened a couple of these boxes and showed me there was indeed cooper and gold in them. He hasn't told me how much. But I'm substantially de-risked at this point. So I've bought more boxes. If other people in the market decide they don't want to buy these boxes, for whatever reason, then the vendor has to reduce the price of those boxes to 35c / 30c / 25c. I still know what's in some of those boxes (though not how much) and I'm still excited by what's in the remaining boxes and so I will continue to buy.

I'm not looking to resell the half opened boxes. I'm waiting to find out what's inside them and take value from there. With every new result, the risk / reward has been getting better for me... the vendor would be right to charge me more. But if the vendor doesn't want to charge me more, then I'll keep buying more at bargain prices.

Not financial advice, simply how I view CNB and why I'm fine if the SP doesn't go flying in the short term.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
56.5¢
Change
-0.005(0.88%)
Mkt cap ! $97.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
57.0¢ 57.5¢ 55.0¢ $235.3K 416.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 999 56.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
57.5¢ 9571 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CNB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.