CNB 0.88% 56.5¢ carnaby resources limited

CNB Summary and Why Its So Undervalued, page-2103

1. 2,651 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 407
    I've sold a few smaller positions recently to free up cash but haven't touched my core ones including CNB. I intend to deploy the free cash i've generated from selling the mongrels in my portfolio into these core positions.

There is absolutely no reason the markets should tank like they did in March. A landslide Trump election is probably the worst thing that could happen for gold (and by extension CNB) as the USD is likely to strengthen, but that is unlikely IMO. We are either looking at a close call either way (= uncertainty = good for gold and thus CNB) or a Biden win by a decent margin = large stimulus package and more money printing/US$ devaluation = good for gold. Sure there will be some turbulence (and already has been) along the way but I don't see markets reacting like they did in March. Then we were dealing with a complete unknown, a pandemic no-one had encountered before whose mortality rate was understood to be much higher than what ultimately eventuated. It was peak fear and uncertainty.

Right now we are dealing with a US presidential election the outcome of which is likely to have significant geopolitical ramifications and will create temporary market disruption/dislocation. But the range of outcomes here are far less severe IMO than what we thought we faced back in March, which was a Spanish flu type epidemic that was capable of wiping out a large portion of the world's population. Whoever's elected as the new POTUS in the coming days will not have anywhere near the same health or economic impact as what the market baked in back in March. Hopefully some common sense prevails...

gltah

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
56.5¢
Change
-0.005(0.88%)
Mkt cap ! $97.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
57.0¢ 57.5¢ 55.0¢ $235.3K 416.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 999 56.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
57.5¢ 9571 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CNB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.