MPO 0.00% 14.0¢ molopo energy limited

cng: the elephant in the room, page-3

1. 2,630 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Agreed. In fact I believe some municipalities in Australia are doing same - in all cases they have put their own infrastructure in place - and it really works. But it lacks popular support - the public cannot but cng vehicles for their own use, and even if they could, refuelling would be a problem. Until the feds gets involved (as they did, reluctantly, with LPG - about 20 years ago) and set some standards (specify percentage of methane to be delivered or else vehicles will perform differently from one fill to the next, vehicle standards, basics of a supply network similar to LPG, standards for re-fuelling from household supply etc etc), then nothing will happen.
    Feds are wary - last govt encouraged Woodside to do the biggest LNG supply deal with China ever (Howard present ant the signing) at the price of 4c per KG - fixed for 20 yrs. We pay over $2 per KG of regular petrol. This raises the questions of price, excise, agreement with existing gas retailers etc. None of this is hard but it needs to be done - some players will be put out, decisions need to be made and some actual governing done (!!) On the carbon savings issue alone I would have thought this supposedly concerned govt would be interested - but no sign just yet.

Also - CSM has another advantage in that it can be found across a huge areas of Australia, keeping supply costs down.

But it won't be long (2 yrs at most) before someone influential takes this up and the CSM suppliers will have nice businesses - any later and the liquefaction plants will be so far advanced that there will be little left over for domestic use - but the CSM suppliers will still have nice businesses.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MPO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.