CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

Who can blame people for being ruffled up with the likes of ABC...

1. 156 Posts.
    Who can blame people for being ruffled up with the likes of ABC & AFG falling over in the last few days... This is not a game being played, serious business for sure.

I think centro's circumstances are vastly different to the others though, and in different businesses.

As apples rightly mentions, the Services Business is a massive income generating unit that would be completely destroyed if centro fall over. This business would now be even more highly valued due to the falling AUD$.

The next 4 weeks will be make or break. GR has already indicated if the banks don't come to the party with the hybrid debt/equity swap, then most likely they will be handing over the keys... they are not interested in another year of 3 months rollover at a time.

Next year will not be much better than this year for asset sales IMO, so what is the point of having 3 months extension as not many sales will be able to be achieved until the economy turns around, but the type of business centro has (non-discretionary spending) will well place centro during recessionary times...

I have no idea in what sort of terms the hybrid debt/equity swap could be, however if only a few lenders aren't keen on this, then as long as these few lenders grant a long term extension - say 2-3 years, centro will no doubt do a capital raising when the time is right, in order to pay out these few lenders.

If CBA for example have a large portion of their loans secured, what would they gain by demanding to be paid back now, rather than allowing an extension in line with a hybrid issue for other lenders, with a strong possibility of being paid in full plus interest within the next couple of years. The alternative is, Centro go under, yes they may get a large portion of their loan back now on centro, but what about the wider community and their other customers, and the flow on effect of putting on $B's of property into the market at the same time...

The overall picture has to be considered.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.