UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

Co. Website., page-50

1. 2,913 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 505
    This is interesting reading- My speculative reading of the cyrstal ball plays right into Unilifes hand and bodes well-
    Here's why IMO
    Let's assume that the patent protection for bio drugs is relaxed. Good for Sanofi at the moment but what about when they and others have a bio patent under attack?
    How do they protect their patent advantage?
    One method would be to have their drugs delivered in the most advanced delivery system available and I believe Unilife fulfills that category.
    At the moment Amgen has access to most or all of Unilifes products and so if ease of pain reducing injection, meeting health funds requirements is not enough, then all they have to do is obtain the most advanced drug and market it in Unilife products.
    Unilife is a game changer in that a wonderful drug can be invented but it won't do to market it in a 2nd class injector.
    Sanofi had it all and gave away auto access to the mini wearables to Amgen and now Sanofi's diabetic business is struggling.
    Eli Lilly is planning to invest billions creating new injecting and other devises and they already have one ex Unilife senior engineer employed.
    Eli Lilly and Co. and Pfizer Inc. have thrown their support behind Sanofi SA and its partner Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in a Federal Circuit case over patents for a cholesterol-lowering drug, saying in amicus briefs that the appeals court should undo district court decisions that upheld competitor Amgen Inc.’s competing drug patents.

In filings on Thursday and Friday, Eli Lilly and Pfizer argued Amgen shouldn’t be allowed to protect antibodies that were broadly defined in its patents for its cholesterol treatment, saying the move could hamper future...

https://www.law360.com/articles/895265/eli-lilly-pfizer-urge-fed-circ-to-undo-sanofi-ip-ruling

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.