IMM 1.72% 29.5¢ immutep limited

Sent an email to MR asking for his thoughts and comments on the...

1. 15,518 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    Sent an email to MR asking for his thoughts and comments on the ONTY situation. His (prompt)reply was as follows:

"Merck KGaA outlicensed Stimuvax lung cancer vaccine from Oncothyreon and have paid for the phase III studies and thus get a majority of the upside. There was a delay in 2010 when the FDA put Stimuvax on clinical hold and if you look at the stock was crushed to a price lower that it was overnight, it turned out the safety issue had nothing to do with Stimuvax and it was taken out of clinical hold by the FDA 9 months later and this could explain a delay to the final data today. Don’t read too much into it.

This is important as we have done 4 sets of phase I clinical trial work(that is done on humans) on in-vivo application of first generation CVac cancer vaccine (similar to Stimuvax without dendritic cells) and ex-vivo of the CVac cancer vaccine(similar to Dendreon that is using the patient’s immune cells or dendritic cells harvested from them).

Ex-vivo application of the CVac cancer vaccine showed a much stronger immune system response(all patients had a immune CTL response that wasn’t seen in the other 4 phase I studies using in-vivo) so regardless of the results of Stimuvax in their phase III study there is a very strong set of science and clinical results behind CVac for cancer patients.If Stimuvax is positive it will validate the antigen of mucin 1, if it is negative there is a strong case based on science and clinical results that ex-vivo is the superior application.

Sorry that there is no simple response on this one but it is important to look at Prima from the point of view of things that are in our control."

Cheers
    Kbear

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
0.005(1.72%)
Mkt cap ! $428.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 30.5¢ 28.5¢ $469.8K 1.579M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 297652 29.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.0¢ 7500 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.