Exbull I think you need to look a bit more critically at some of...

1. 2,866 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 294
    Exbull I think you need to look a bit more critically at some of the bullshit so faithfully regurgitated so often it becomes fact
    Right up there is this nonsense that environmetalists have got in the way of controlled burning.
    Fact is that it is now very difficult to do so because the window has become shorter and shorter with longer and drier summers.You cannot just burn anytime.The area vulnerable and hence the amount of burning needed gets larger and the time frame to do it gets smaller.Have a look at what the firies have to say.
    used to be mainly firechiefs and ex firechiefs who were speaking out against the madness of inaction and budget restriction but it seems heading towards rank and file now
    Here is an excerpt of what Drew a well respected and decorated firey has said yesterday on his FB page (excerpt is from news,com.au }read the article it may change your views

'[''A frustrated firefighter has hit out at misinformation circulating on social media surrounding the current bushfires crisis.Drew took to his Facebook yesterday and, in a post that’s since gone viral, busted some widely spread myths about the fires, their causes and apparent barriers to mitigation.“First of all, does being a firey give me all the insight to this complex issue? Not even close and I need to make that clear,” the decorated firey began.“However I’ve felt a strong need to say something here because I just can’t stomach some of the false science and outright lies being peddled on social media as news or facts.“No, the Greens haven’t been stopping hazard reduction burns from taking place. We still do them and yes we should absolutely do more of them.”That’s a sentiment echoed this morning by New South Wales Rural Fire Service Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons, who shot down the common misconception that “green tape” is making hazard reduction harder.“Our biggest challenge with hazard reduction is the weather and the windows available to do it safely and effectively,” Mr Fitzsimmons said in an interview on Sunrise.''''

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.