ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

After reading the following on ESG's website /geology.html, I am...

1. 342 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    After reading the following on ESG's website /geology.html, I am now totally edumecated on CO2, however I am feeling a bit oversaturated with down days
    caused by igneous dykes playing with the sp.

The Bohena Seam comprises mostly dull coal that has unusually high permeability for its depth and coal type. This is due to the coal's hardness and strength and the prevalence of open sub-vertical fractures that are generally confined to coal bands. The seam is commonly over-saturated with gas that comprises a high percentage of methane. There are, however, localised areas where high levels of carbon dioxide have been encountered.

In some parts of the Bohena Trough, Tertiary aged igneous intrusions have moved up through the Permo-Triassic sediments as dykes and predominantly formed as sills near the base of the Triassic sequence. Although difficult to identify in seismic, the igneous dykes are believed to be associated with faults that connect economic basement with the overlying sedimentary sequence, and are suspected to be one cause of localised carbon dioxide accumulations in the coals.

Cheers Mattocks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.