CO2 smashing extreme weather records, page-2162

1. 1,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 112

Mjp2, when I say the data is sliced and diced I am sayingyou cannot trust what follows. But just recently the BOM showed its truecolours by changing the data point in both Automatic Weather Stations atGoulburn and Thredbo. Now this is reported around the 4 min mark of thevideo. However small the changes, it has big consequences for the presentationof this data as clean. As a researcher how comfortable would you present your analysis with datasets like this?

At first they said one thing then they blamed itdown to the limits placed in the automated equipment but as the lady says onthe video this isn’t so. Then they said it was faulty equipment - itwasn't. If over the next few weeks of letters and other representations,the stories changed from the BOM as to why they limit the coldest records beingrecorded, have they not further eroded trust in the AGW process.

The BOM has since said there are other Weather Stations with limits onrecording record low temperatures. Now could we possibly get apublic inquiry as the lady suggests, into this institution's (Bureau ofMeteorology) behaviour.

It is my opinion and perhaps most who do not accept the AGW hypothesis thatthis data set tampering goes on far too easily and in most developedcountries. So where do you see yourself position on the safety andsecurity of this Australian institutions' dataset?

Video starts getting interesting around 3 min mark.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.