CO2 smashing extreme weather records, page-38

1. 10,515 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 207
    1. I think robust science is robust science. You are now talking about facts. I suggest you don't parse what I said incorrectly or imply I am arguing facts.

2. Yes, I am very aware of the range of sensitivity values. I have already discussed that above, and it's bleeding obvious that that bit of science didn't come from you.

3. And, yes, I consider that range a robust finding. That finding has been consistent for over thirty years, I believe. Your view is that the range is too wide to be considered robust. So our difference is definitional.

4. And I've already explained why that range is not significant with respect to practical implications. Mid range we need to be taking action quickly. Top of range and it's urgent, bottom of range and we may have a little more time to address the issue. If you'll allow me to paraphrase, without you nitpicking over that expression.

So yes, I regard that range as a robust finding. And I've explained why.

There is plenty of science already, allowing for that range of uncertainty, to justify urgent action to limit the risk of dangerous climate change.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.