CO2 smashing extreme weather records, page-6745

1. 14,681 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 451
    "If my line of work was climate science I wouldn’t like my chances of getting a job if I came out with a theory that ran against the preferred line."

Really? I would love my chances! At the very least, you would get a high paying role with the IPA, and The Australian and Sky would do their best to make you a celebrity.

Being a contrarian has made an obscure Danish academic called Bjorn Lomborg a household name. But I bet you can't name off the top of your head any of the hundreds of Danish scientists who would completely disagree with him. So from a strictly selfish financial / career sense, he has made the best choice possible, while all those other Danish scientists toiling away in labs, on field expeditions, or in front of super computers, are probably earning 1/20th of what Bjorn is earning.

There are a lot of very powerful, very wealthy business interests that would stand to gain from any convincing theory that greenhouse gasses do not trap heat. Not least the coal, oil and gas industries.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.