Tedious, so one last response:I have pointed out in detail where...

1. 10,567 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 211
    Tedious, so one last response:

I have pointed out in detail where your articles do not support what you say the science is saying. Read the scientists statements, both those that I quoted and those that are otherwise included in your article. They are neither incorrect nor alarmist.

Quoting two newspaper headlines is not a science argument. These headlines sell papers. They are not science.

Regarding your Guardian quote, this time actually from a scientist:
    ""Bigger picture, it’s climate change,” said Richard B Rood, a professor in the University of Michigan’s department of climate and space sciences and engineering. “There’s no doubt that we are in a region where climate change is having an impact.""

This is an accurate statement. That area is being affected by climate change. They expect high variability and a century long trend to lower lake levels. If you've read much of the science you should understand that the general tendency is towards longer more severe droughts due to greater heat, and heavier large rainfall events when they do occur. This contributes to the extremes seen, including, it appears, for the Great Lakes.

---

So if you were making a case that newspapers use alarmist language to sell papers, I'd agree.

But you've made no case that the scientists are either alarmist or wrong.

It is warming. We are seeing the expected greater extremes. And it looks like the studies of the Great Lakes show they are no exception to that.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.