CCC 0.00% 0.1¢ continental coal limited

coal: better the devil you know..., page-22

1. 3,401 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 72
    One of the things Ive never understood when these inevitable discussions arise is this form of absolutist argument, ie whats going on right here. That you cant have the planet's needs in mind because you own coal or oil shares, or U shares for that matter. Rome was not built in a day, and neither was an environmentally friendly stock portfolio. Why should people be viewed as hypocrites because part of their portfolio aint 'green'. Who you going to leave the green stock buying to, the tree huggers?pfft. I also own AHN shares, and conti, and some spec U too. The 2nd stock I ever bought some years ago, was GDY, and I'll hold them till they go either way, same for MHM.Am I sorry I didnt sell them when I bought CCC or AHN? Dont be ridiculous. Some green in a portfolio is more sustainable than all green. Thats a no brainer. If people want to discuss the issue of compartmentalising then perhaps they should not compartmentalise by judging a persons overall stance on the basis of individual holdings. Thats not a stab at you in particular vegemight, but this sort of argument in general.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.