CTP 4.17% 5.0¢ central petroleum limited

coal, clive , ucg and gtl

1. 11,084 Posts.

Once again, I believe RC should give proper consideration for any coal deal with CP or others, considering the energy potential from CTP's coal, even though it would be a long term project.
    IMO, he has to be aware of and be able to relate to CP or others, the future value of this, so we benefit to a fair and reasonable degree, as once it out of our hands, .... that's it, finito.

I also would expect such a decision to at least be put to S/H's first, before any disposal.

From ucg-gtl.com;

"It is patently obvious that UCG, uses the earth as a vessel, obviating the need of expensive gasifiers built on the surface and secondly completely eliminating the conventional mining, it should be the cheapest and the most economical option.
    In deeply buried coals at 1000 meters or so, UCG has definite advantages and cost effectiveness.
    Also more coal is recovered through UCG than conventional mining in which 30% or so of coal remains in earth and is usually not excavatable.
    However, most established companies like GE, Shell and Siemens who have considerable experience and interest in coal gasification have not gone for UCG up till now.
    All recent contracts made in China are for conventional on-surface gasification.
    Only a much lesser known company founded by Russian immigrant to North America is busy in all purported projects and studies.
    It has made amazing claims which are difficult to believe, such as CAPEX of 799 Canadian dollars per KW and a unit cost of electricity of only 1.9 cents.
    These are the figures that are being probably echoed by our local UCG proponents.
    It is very hard to digest such impossible figures, as even the diesel engine-based power plants usually cost much more than this figure.
    The cost would be at least equal to or more than the combined cycle power plants which cost around 1200-1600 USD per kW.
    We should not be carried away by the fantastic claims, although there is some scope of optimism for lower costs due to the reasons cited earlier in the beginning of this para."

Also, interesting info reference GTL option after UCG;

http://www.velocys.com/ocge04.php
    http://www.velocys.com/video/ocg_vid05_yt.php
    -----------------------------------------------

.... and, back on the EPT/Surprise scenario,(on the other forum), some interesting commentary from JHHWA in reference to Surprise Horizontal, compromised engineering, angle build section sloughing, silting up possibility.

That is why I look forward to some disclosure on how our EPT is actually performing as soon as RC can announce.

RAVI

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.002(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $37.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 5.1¢ 4.7¢ $44.05K 911.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 20000 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 164625 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.01pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.