CTP 5.45% 5.2¢ central petroleum limited

From JHWWA;"there are signs for sure of nascent UCG...

1. 11,084 Posts.
    From JHWWA;

"there are signs for sure of nascent UCG commerciality; if it gets there, cTP ahs access to up to 2 trillion tonnes of coal but say, half of that is too deep in today's economy for UCG, leaves a lousy one trillion tonnes.
    half of the coal is left behind in pillars, so that leaves a rubbishy little 500 billon tonnes for UCG.

The sort of coal that CTP has will produce enough syngas, ie 20 gigajoules for about 2 barells of oil for each tonne of coal, so that leaves a truly insignificant potential for about one trillioin barells of oil or diesel or jet fuel or whatever.
    Not worth worrying about. What will the new management decide to do with this potential?
    But i am no expert, just got this from old announcements made by teh old guard who probably did not know much either. "

... and contractor;
    ""IMO, the coal is the Prize here, not the oil..."

Yes it is , as I have posted here many times before .......and if it has been used as a minor bargaining tool to avoid litigation , it will be shameful and will be the bargain of the century.

CP knows what it is worth and so do the chinese .

A very shrewd chess game was played here from the outset that could not be lost. Time will tell if it is to be separated off at a fraction of it's true value.

No wonder Clive was all smiles when PNPL withdrew their proposed board members , why else would you withdraw your well set-up moves IMO ......checkmate .

I just hope that in generations to come we do not see a mega-billion dollar UGCTL plant in the middle of Australia shipping product back to foreign lands and Australia having to buy the oil back with all profits going elsewhere and all the labour being brought in from overseas because we do not have enough skilled workers to build / run the plant.........all sound a bit familiar ?, etc, etc, "

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
-0.003(5.45%)
Mkt cap ! $38.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 5.2¢ $35.73K 687.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 550000 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 99854 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.