ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

coal seam gas exports to china, page-33

1. 21,179 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2055
    Thanks etherazer. Port Bonython is certainly looking like a more viable outlet for LNG from the Cooper Basin, than, say, Curtis Island, for example, especially with the SA government sounding VERY supportive of further development in that area.
    What I also find interesting is that Beach own the former Delhi interests and Scott's Transport's withdrawl from the proposed diesel distribution facility.
    I am just clutching at straws here, but, I do not think that the Beach/Icon "connection" should be ignored. ICN already has a j/v with BPT in 218 and apparently still "negotiating" something with 855 (of which ICN holds 80%) as BPT have included 855 in their recent presentation in Houston.
    The outcome of the MOU/GSA will tell us a very great deal if it proves to be successful.
    Can you read into Scott's decision to withdraw from the diesel facility a realization by them that diesel fuel will be considered "dirty" and superseded by LNG in the not too distant future? As in America, their govt is being encouraged to subsidize the conversion of all road transport vehicles from diesel to LNG.
    Is it interesting to see that Icon is "working with strategic partners to develop a Micro/Domestic LNG sales concept centred around IDENTIFIED market opportunities including commercial, industrial and transport industries"?
    By the SP movements over last two days, RJ might be just starting to pull out some of those aces that he has up his sleeve.
    The "monsoon season" looks as if it won't go away in Qld, so, again, I don't think that RJ, or Stanwell, will be sending out expensive rigs to Lydia for a few more weeks yet, as RJ indicated. Extremely interesting week ahead IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.