KRL 0.00% 14.5¢ kangaroo resources limited

coal set for bumper few years, page-8

1. 977 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    Hey Orozen7,

First of all I am pretty sure that it is not the Malaysian Government as the country that these guys are working in is Indonesia.

In regards to the price I do not know where you have heard what they are getting. I know a couple of companies that sell to PLN and it is basically the Indo coal spot price which when I last looked was around $34 per tonne.

What you might be thinking is the price that countries like China and India are prepared to pay but that is a CIF price which includes transportation and Insurance so if you add another $20 per tonne to the Samarinda price you will be looking at roughly the indo spot price.

Hope this is of some help to you. Also if you export your margin is reducd as there is a 15% export tax which is levied against you. So there is a lot more benefits in selling it locally than trying to export. The only eason you export is if you have high grade thermal or coking coal because you can command higher prices to offset the taxes and hopefully make some money on the transportation cost.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KRL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.