CTP 3.85% 5.4¢ central petroleum limited

coal tonnage report coming later, page-10

1. 297 Posts.
    I am a bit confused, what exactly will the report on coal tonnage do? I have yet to see a csm company quote tonnage, or at least I can't remember any in the past. Knowing the sheer volume of coal in place is probably helpful, but probably on it's own doesn't mean much. I mean there is coal everywhere.

The questions that have to be asked of any volume reported as tonnage are:

Maturity of Coal ie is it of sufficient maturity to allow for methane generation? It is thermogenic or biogenic gas?

Quality of the Coal ie Is there cleating and proper structuring to allow gas flow to occur?

Water volumes, quality, salinity, etc.

Gas Content. Is it CH4, are there any inerts or corrosive gasses such as CO2

Isotherms, is the coal, undersaturated or saturated?

Permeability Thickness. Does the coal have sufficent permeability * thickness of coal to allow gas flow to occur?

There are all sorts of questions that have to be applied to a tonnage volume. It basically tells you how much coal is in their permit, but very little else in my opinion.

I am still awaiting useable numbers such as results of the DST testing undertaken, gas composition, log thickness of coals tested, adsorption and desorption isothers, etc. The usual stuff that CSM companies generally release upon completion of a successful campaign.

Love to get in, but they aren't showing anything of signficance in terms of results yet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.002(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $40.24M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.5¢ 5.3¢ $7.099K 132.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 132876 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 443216 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.28pm 18/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.