Fats, I am not making something out of nothing. Many have been...

1. 1,020 Posts.
    Fats, I am not making something out of nothing. Many have been arguing the Libs only won 44 seats, you label it as 3 parties v 1 party. One poster even has the audacity to suggest the Coalition are like school yard bullies, ganging up on Gillard because it is two v one. It is a coalition, that is a fact. People voting for the Coalition do so knowing they are voting for an Abbott lead Coalition. People voting for Bob Brown's Greens are NOT voting for a Gillard lead Green Coalition. You cannot have it both ways, sorry.

I have even read childish arguments suggesting the seat count is Labor 73 (including 1 Green) and 72 for the Coalition (not including Crook). Look up the AEC website for the true seat count and argue against the AEC if you don't like the numbers. It is just a pathetic attempt to argue that Labor won.

Fact: Labor had one of the worst primary votes recorded in history. Bad, bad news for Labor.

Fact: Labor LOST 18 seats. Bad, bad news for Labor.

Fact: Labor's result is one of the worst in history for a first term government. Bad, bad news for Labor.

Fact: The swing against Labor was one of the largest recorded against a first term government. Bad, bad news for Labor.

Fact: Labor should have waltzed through this election and improved their seat count, they didn't come close. This is bad, bad news for Labor.

Fact: This result is an absolute shocker for Labor and those suggesting otherwise need to snap out of their Labor daze. Those suggesting this result is a poor result for the Coalition need to snap out of their Labor daze.

Fact: The Coalition should never have come anywhere near victory in this election, possibly even the next. Many Laborites were posting the decimation of the Coalition as we know it. Many Laborites predicted the Coalition would cease to exist as a political option. Well guess what, Labor was so excruciatingly bad that the "irrelevant" opposition may well snatch victory in the most unwinable election of all time.

Cheers!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.