SVW 0.30% $39.44 seven group holdings limited

coates on the chopping block !

1. 4,263 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Pending fiscal cliff,high debt levels within the group and a partner keen to exit to save on tax & lock in profits seem like the catylysts for either an ipo in which the market is currently dead or most likely a trade sale to o/seas buyer that may see another aussie icon lost from local market.

Made a special trip to Sydney for the SVW AGM last Thursday.(don't hold.

Whilst Peter generally does have good vision financially going forward due to contracts and pre sales data, I think that their 18-30 % impovement is very ambitious.

My reasons are because of the economy domestically and a bit selling going on by SVW ie. engin,vivid wireless and CMJ stakes sold and now their 45% stake in Coates looks destined to be sold with Goldmans appointed and advised to commence 'IMMEDIATELY' (Peter's words) due to them supposedly receiving expressions of interests?

Maybe they might throw Allight in as a sweetner to get it away?

Investments not going well also and Ag bank strategic stake just holding.

Also, Kerry flagged that performance out of China was not strong due to the govt policies and Peter mentioned that
    next year results could be affected by SWM mark to market the media business appears to be holding,but they have forcasted a downgarde so its topping out in step with overall economy which is as expected.

Kerry's disappointmernt with the SP continues and so it might if you hold 68% in anything,the price paid when not enough stock around fgr instos to get set,the discount is the Kerry factor,problem is he wants his cake and eat it too, large holding and a large SP.

Gut impression there was a whiff of nervousness by the board,possibly to reduce holdings/exposures in order to pay down debt ASAP and reposition balance sheet prior to financial markets gfc#2 armagheddon next year, as any meaningful growth will be hard to generate.

Smart, selling Coates off at near record sales levels before things get worse cyclically for that business,whatever happens they are going to make an absolute fortune.

Generally,think the SVW SP should be trading with a 5 in front of it not 6 or above and would rate this stock a SELL if I was an analyst,better value elsewhere...take profits whilst you can but dyor.

Their only real problem now is what to with the cash from Rupert,SVW stakeholders are likely to be shortchanged yet again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SVW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$39.44
Change
-0.120(0.30%)
Mkt cap ! $15.73B
Open High Low Value Volume
$39.50 $39.61 $39.00 $9.734M 247.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 573 $39.32

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$39.44 1841 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$39.42
  Change
-0.120 ( 0.08 %)
Open High Low Volume
$39.41 $39.61 $39.27 189863
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
SVW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.