ATC 0.00% 5.3¢ altech batteries ltd

Coatings, page-18

1. 15,154 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1324
    Sorry to harp on the subject but hydrofluoric acid (HF)1 acid generated in the electrochemical reaction to produce power, tends to attack the inter-grain boundaries (sometimes called etching) in the silicon allowing to to flake and flake or or delaminate. If those boundaries are more "sealed" by HPA that happens a lot less because HPA is a extremely inert substance being effectively a ceramic.

Iggy explained all of this last Christmas and having a chemical /metallurgical background I 'ate it up'. However, I was extremely sceptical ("pissed off") at the time less so as I see progress and have looked into it a little.

1 HF is particularly nasty stuff. When I was at uni (decades ago) my professor warned me to be careful with it. He said if it gets on you skin not only does it burn it penetrates and tends to help dissolve you bones. I was working on stress corrosion cracking in Aluminium (not HPA) at the time. HF being generated from (hydro)fluorocarbons being the dissolving agent.
    Last edited by arsenic: 28/07/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $90.66M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.4¢ 5.4¢ 5.2¢ $17.90K 337.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 39334 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 90000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.39am 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.