AUZ 0.00% 0.9¢ australian mines limited

Cobalt and Nickel prices, page-223

1. 518 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 701
    And that's my point with regard to safety, to my knowledge wasn't it General Motors who had to recall all of its Chevy Bolt EV's because of the huge risk of fire they posed from the lithium ion cells made by LG Chem costing GM 1.8 Billion in recalls which in turn was seeking compensation from South Korea's LG CHEM, both companies were investigating the problems to resolve them as quickly as possible and would continue to look into safer alternatives as GM had halted sales due to these issue's.

The recall was the second major recall involving batteries made by LG Chem's battery unit LG Energy Solutions, the first recall was by Hyundai as previously stated that cost another billion dollars, both GM and Hyundai used the pouch battery the costs in recalling these vehicles just shows why battery manufactures are charging towards different compositions in battery make ups and is the very reason why VW has changed their thinking and stated recently it would shift away from the pouch technology cells made by LG Energy Solutions to source safer technology for all their models.

That's why BYD is in the driver's seat with their technology and why Tesla Ford an GM have signed up to receive the Blade Batterys which contain no Nickel or Cobalt making them a much more safer an viable proposition in the long term, if that's the case then LG may not come to the party as many here think they will and Australian Mines won't be needed for the uptake of these minerals certainly not for EV's if LG decided to turn to better and safer technology.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.58M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.9¢ 0.9¢ 0.9¢ $13.73K 1.528M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
28 7636857 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 1734242 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AUZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.