COB 14.7% 8.6¢ cobalt blue holdings limited

One final thought before I depart for the day. 98% of Co...

1. 898 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 293
    One final thought before I depart for the day. 98% of Co production is a byproduct out of NI & Cu production and the four mine ingredients in batteries are Ni, Cu, Li & Co (some Mn as well). So in order to increase Co production and quickly, one option would be to crank up Ni & Cu production in those mines where substantial Co credits are available. Possible but the current Ni price and to a lessor extent Cu price are too low to incentivize either expansion of existing mines or development of new ones. A major dilemma that needs to be overcome before Co supply can be increased. So what can be done:
    1. Deliberately crank up the LME price of Ni & Cu and quickly. Conspiracy theory stuff BUT I have no doubt that the unleashing of suitably designed computer algorithms into the LME space could achieve this.
    2. EV manufacturers ("EVM") becoming directly involved in existing Ni/Co companies ("NCC") either through equity investment or the provision of VERY CHEAP FINANCE. This money would be for mine expansion or mine development. The EVM would become a major player in the NCC's business strategy and take all Ni/Cu and Co. under guaranteed off - take agreements.
    3. Seek out prospective NCC's with JORC R&R and SS/PFS/DFS and substantial Co credits. Either BUY them or provide finance and bring them into production as quickly as possible. EVM are not looking for a PROJECT RETURN but a PRODUCT RETURN so that afford to be exceptionally generous in equity purchase and/or debt finance.

The above options are a more efficient method of increasing Co production so my dream is that next year we see the EVM hunters out in the ASX with their big fat cheque books looking for NCCs. Now that would be a very enjoyable & enriching experience for us shareholders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.6¢
Change
0.011(14.7%)
Mkt cap ! $36.27M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.6¢ 8.8¢ 7.5¢ $92.62K 1.121M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 348755 8.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.6¢ 42021 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
COB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.