SRL 11.3% 47.0¢ sunrise energy metals limited

Cobalt Demand Links/Discussion, page-64

1. 2,826 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 528
    Good points and something all of us have considered carefully. My view is that billions are being poured into building gigafactories and EVs based on the dominant, best performed, and economically viable battery at this time, that is the battery built with Cobalt in the cathode.

Maybe millions, at best 10s of millions being injected into various research projects to produce a better and cheaper battery. The lithium/cobalt battery is also being improved upon as we speak, not only in design, safety, efficiency but also it becomes cheaper as it’s uptake reaches critical mass and significant economies of scale are achieved.

It’s a long, long road to test, prove, then convince the world to take on a new tech. as Toyota has found with their abysmal efforts to achieve traction with their hydrogen based unit.

It’s not so easy coming up with a new battery simply for the fact there are so many elements that go into making a viable battery. A battery has to be safe, it needs to produce sufficient power, it needs to be recharged quickly, it needs to have a long life and importantly needs to deliver ever increasing kms between charges. I’m not saying it won’t happen, but good luck finding a tech that can deliver on all those variables. Think of the probabilities involved. This is the problem researchers have been dealing with for many decades.

The beauty of CLQ is that it is well ahead of the curve in terms of non-DRC Cobalt production, but also it is no one trick pony. Cobalt is only part of its story. Nickel, Scandium, Platinum, Water and the ionic tech make this a compelling play imo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.0¢
Change
-0.060(11.3%)
Mkt cap ! $42.40M
Open High Low Value Volume
52.5¢ 53.0¢ 45.5¢ $50.14K 102.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1285 45.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.5¢ 9463 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.