GSR 0.00% 1.1¢ greenstone resources limited

Cobalt - Elon Musk is Going to Pour a Fortune into Cobalt, page-5

1. 6,296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Hi AM. My opinion has not changed yet on Cobalt. From a 12 month reduction in Chinese spot prices we have recently seen some level of price increases of around 10% over the past month or two. Much of the increase has been put down to stockpiling and the supplies from Africa are still being mentioned as abundant.

This is not to say there is no future for Cobalt because common sense says that there will be more required. The question is whether Africa can keep up supply and at the moment they can and easily it seems. I know there have been ethical issues mentioned regarding DRC supplies I have not yet seen the Chinese phased by anything of an ethical nature. So can a mine in Australia compete with a ramp up in supply by the DRC. That's the question for me.

I certainly think BAR has potential and if people get in early they could do very well. Just not for me at this moment. It's a case that we just can't invest in everything, not that I see BAR as a bad investment at all. If we start seeing real growth in Chinese spot and some signs that the DRC can't keep up I would certainly look at it again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.