CLE 0.00% 0.1¢ cyclone metals limited

I would expect the Cobalt price to fluctuate up and down for a...

1. 141 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 59
    I would expect the Cobalt price to fluctuate up and down for a while, and from what I read it seems that China has enough supply for now and combined with Elon Musk's Tesla reduction comments, demand world-wide has softened temporarily. The surge of Cobalt speculation may have lowered but really, the true story of EV mass production is only beginning and the fundamentals of a battery boom and the technology behind it are good for at least 10 years or so.
    Interesting article: https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/21/17488626/elon-musk-cobalt-electric-vehicle-battery-science

I'm not concerned about it for CFE, the original DRC announcement from last January showed we were happy with Cobalt prices around the US$41000 mark. Tailings dump and most infrastructure already available means we'll be a low cost operation (Awaiting Scoping Study next week). I'm hopeful Sagey wouldn't fix anything at all, or at least too low with the off-takers, but IMO we may see some sort of cap if prices rise high again. Off-takers would be smart to get in now really.

Looking forward to some positive announcements shortly, good luck to all CFE holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.