Highlands Pacific (HIG) seems to be a sleeper. It holds 20% of...

1. 2,766 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1677
    Highlands Pacific (HIG) seems to be a sleeper. It holds 20% of an mining operation that is now up and running. In the last couple of quarters it just hit nameplate production. Currently it is supplying 3,000 tons per annum of cobalt (i.e., about 3% of the world's supply in 2016). That operation is called Ramu Nickel. The mine's life expectancy is for at least another 25-30 years. It also has another tenemant at Sewa Bay (on a nearby island) which has 7 square kilometres of laterite Ni/Co with good grades (according to the preliminary survey report in 2015). The second survey was completed in April 2017 and the findings are expected very shortly. Because it already has the nearby processing plant with Ramu Nickel, the 2017 Annual General Meeting was told that there was "potential for direct shipping" of the ore from Sewa Bay - presumably to its processing operation at Ramu. HIG holds this tenement at Sewa By outright, and so who knows how valuable it is. (HIG also owns rich deposits of Cu/gold at Frieda River and Star Mountains in partnership with international players). I hold HIG and am buying more because it is already selling cobalt and well-positioned to capitalise on its amazing resources. So while other exploration companies are talking about ifs and maybes, this baby is doing the job right now. At about 6c per share its a winner. (But don't believe me, check out its announcements and reports to the ASX).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.