code of conduct - polics forum, page-79

1. 6,604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2852
    When I was growing up as a kid in the 60s and 70s the roadsides around Australia especially in the countryside were caked in litter. People would throw it out the windows of cars on mass...bottles, wrappers, cans etc. There was miles of it, remember. Then came an advertising campaign that was very successful that reduced this littering by educating people and changing their behaviour. It worked so well we have double the population and a tenth of the roadside litter.

People changed there behaviour firstly because they realised litter was ugly and spoiling the beautiful Australian countryside and secondly there was an impost, if you were caught littering fines were introduced or raised.

I dont care if you believe in climate change or not, all pollution is ugly. What makes this country unique is not your or my house, boat or car it is the beautiful countryside the flora and fauna and the unique humour of the human occupants who have lived in this harsh lovely and fragile place. Thats what makes it for me.

So be it pollution in the form of solids which are highly regulated, in the form of liquids which are regulated or gaseous pollutants which are loosly regulated or totally unregulated, all concern me. All stink, all are ugly and all have environmetal consequences of some sort and I believe those who release pollutants into our environment should have to make some restitution even if only something to cover the cost of getting the environment back to whatever levels/standards it was before the release of said pollutants.

There is no free lunch for the little guy there should be no free lunch for business.

And before someone jumps in and says, but little guy they are paying for your lunch you should be grateful, have you ever looked at what the big guys are having for lunch? They can spare a tiny bit and still be eating much better than you or I!

Tretchikoff

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.