BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Miso,I am afraid, IMHO, the share purchase is not in breach of...

1. 830 Posts.
    Miso,
    I am afraid, IMHO, the share purchase is not in breach of BTA's code of conduct.

Under normal circumstances, it may be prudent for reputable management and board to show restraint so as not to give a perception (rightly or wrongly) of a breach.

However circumstances specific to BTA led me to my above opinion. As you may recall for a considerable length of time after GSK had published their sale results in the last quarter, our beloved CEO, Peter Cook was not even aware of the correct sales figures. Is it too much to expect poor Management to have a clue of the coming sales results?

The second "tip" came from a BTA document where our pedigree studded board pushed the infamous idea that "the corporate governance for a company of our size is relatively good" implying that a smaller company has a lower level of compliance requirement on corporate governance, viz-a-viz implying it is ok for directors of small companies (say a $2 company)may plunder and steal from the company at the expense of third parties such as creditors.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.