COE 2.33% 21.0¢ cooper energy limited

why would you introduce a comment that Aust O&G industry is...

1. 8,549 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2819
    why would you introduce a comment that Aust O&G industry is "slated to spend $52 Billion in abandonment costs over next 10yrs???
    For a start any figure on abandonment costs would be the majority of NWS projects! Nothing to do with COE.
    Then any East Coast abandonment costs would need to include Bass Strait Exxon/BHP costs which would be majority there.
    COE has recognised future abandonment costs and it is already in accounts.
    Sure, it is an issue, but already recognised in their costings and accounts.

You say Senex is an "onshore, low cost gas producer...".
    Well according to the various costs of production charts around (eg COE's) they show COE's gas costs at the second lowest East Coast gas producer.
    Well below Senex.

Sure offshore capital costs are high --- but from years of investing in CSG gas coys, I know that CSG wells are short-lived, and that those CSG producers need to drill, re-drill, and keep drilling new wells because the csg resevoirs are short lived. That's why the big QLD LNG producers are forced to drill hundreds of new wells every year. Conventional vs Unconventional wells.

Also, how many "Lock the Gate" protesters stand in front of the drill rigs in offshore Gippsland?

I think a comparison is worthwhile, because I reckon (without looking at figures) that we will find that COE is undervalued by comparison.

As someone above posted - it's all about sentiment.

At some point, even if Orbost production sits on 45tj/d, at some point its got to be a screaming buy !!??

on a different issue, I see that Senex is proposing to consolidate their shares, 8 shares into 1 share.

their two arguments for doing that seem to be:

1. easier to calculate fractions for dividends (i think that is what they say)
    2. encourages institutional investors into company register.

I reckon both arguments are a crock baloney.
    These arguments are often put forward.

Firstly, easier to calculate fractions for dividends - well, plenty of coys calculate a dividend payment out to 0.001 of a cent !
    Second - SXY SP around 36c ----> COE SP about 30c. COE's share register has about 80% institutional investors! And they are major funds too.

I think SXY is a well managed company, and I previously had plenty invested there, and was happy with that investment. I have met mgt several times over the years.

Anyway, it's an interesting situation.
    If you had 30c to invest, where would it go ???

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $554.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.5¢ 21.5¢ 20.5¢ $209.6K 999.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
50 1318696 20.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 448970 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.09pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
COE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.