Coffee dregs as landfill, page-4

1. 28,689 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 424
    I have been collecting large plastic containers of coffee dregs from the local cafes. It was there that I had my moment of enlightenment. A bucket, probably 15 litres or 20 litres, is available every evening, or every second evening, from the laneway leading to the back door of this cafe. I have been given permission to take whatever I wish. I have probably collected and disposed of 80 of these containers (some double this size) in the past 4 months. They have been given to people at the local church, ex-teacher friends, large church garden, and my own garden, as well as lawns. The roses are thriving and, indeed, the gardens look healthy, whether because of the coffee or not, I have no idea. The coffee is both a fertiliser and compost. I notice that when shovelling it out, it is really pleasantly warm. I scrape it in with the existing soil because I don't want it to compact the surface. Throw in among the leaves. Apparently good for a compost bin or worm farm. It is the "green" component of such a bin not the brown component.

So, I have been improving the world, imho.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.