CCU 0.00% 5.8¢ cobar consolidated resources limited

Well, silver surpassed my expectation and rose about A$30/oz...

1. 22,804 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2069
    Well, silver surpassed my expectation and rose about A$30/oz today and nearing US$30/oz too...it was ballistic to say the least..and if it breaks US$30/oz, the rise would be fierce.

I am not disappointed with CCU's 1.5c rise today although it could do a tad better I reckon on the basis of a stronger silver price. But then again, I notice CCU price tends to lag the silver price growth...which means arbitrage opportunity remains. I see the other silver stock AYN doing strongly today up 11% even with a CR at 3.8c (holding shareholders smiling today) and as I believe in silver, I hold both horses (CCU and AYN) - AYN is expected to go into production sooner but CCU not far behind ...but CCU fundamentals way better. Point I am making here is that AYN is playing catch up. Having a stake in both horses can't be bad.

I am encouraged though that commodities are back in the play...you just have to look at how smallcap commodities performed relative to the ASX200. When I buy smallcap commodity stocks, I buy a proxy to the underlying metal (therefore buy pure plays e.g pure copper play, pure silver , not one with diversified metals) and think of buying as private equity investor [ isn't it better than buying a 50% interest in a restaurant partnership? ]..although a small investor.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.