UNV 0.00% 16.0¢ universal coal plc

coking coal comparisons

1. 1,045 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    Hi Guys

There hasnt been alot of talk about UNV's coking coal so i thought i would just highlight a few things in regards to the quality of the coal and potential of the deposit. I have attached below some figures on coking coal make up these help to show how UNV's coal ranks amoungst the worlds top deposits. I have also included a few other companies that i have information for

Cokal Blended Coal (Indonesia)
    ASH = 4.6-5.7%
    Sulphur = 0.33-0.35%
    CSN = 4.5-7

UNV (South Africa)
    ASH = 8.59% to 14.88%
    Sulphur = 0.7% to 1.22%
    CSN = 7 to9

Aspire Mining (Mongolia)
    ASH = 8%
    Sulphur = 1%
    CSN = 8-9

Australia (Bowen Basin)
    ASH = 8.5%
    Sulphur = 0.53%
    CSN = 7.3

Mozambique
    ASH = 10.5%
    Sulphur = 0.85%
    CSN = 9

Once the company gets all the results from the batchs it will be able to narrow down these numbers. From what you can see above you can see UNV's coal is relatively comparable to Mozambique coal. I expect UNV's numbers to improve through blending and further test results as well as other methods to bring the catagories into specification with what consumers are intrested in.

Once the company releases the JORC resource we should have more information on the deposit layout and just how much of the resource is amendable to open pit mining. If there is a resonable resource base the company maybe able to the create an early stage direct shiping operation (DSO) to generate income at minimal capital expenditure. However for a deposit of this size rail is the only option to effectively transport a resource this size to port. Should also see some good numbers come in on ROM once the company progress this project further.

Looking forward to seeing the size of the companies intial JORC resource and how much this drilling has sured up the resource base. GL to all holders

GB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.