CKA 2.25% 8.7¢ cokal limited

Von and Myke, there is renewed optimism in coking coal price and...

1. 11,984 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1456
    Von and Myke, there is renewed optimism in coking coal price and even thermal coal price. I see it going higher due to lack of new capacity and reduction of existing capacity.

USA mines unlikely to restart until price appreciates to USD 140. No threat to supply here.
    BHP not increasing production and looking at Anglo existing production rather than increase overall supply. No threat to supply.
    Vale in Mozambique: hopeless mob of clowns! They make the Rio Olympic organisers look like top performers. No supply threat here.
    Indomet project Central Kalimantan next to Cokal. BHP abandoned and sold to Adaro. Word is that Adaro have no cash (I don't know about that) but seems that they are in no hurry to start real production. Just going to stuff around with some direct shipping of minimal amount. No threat to supply there.
    Newlands and Collinsville teetering on the brink. One suspects that they would close if not for restoration costs that would kick in if mines closed. Reduction in supply already happening here.
    Indian coal: Coal India and SAIL. Hopeless companies. Coal is ultra high ash crap. Cokal coal could considerably improve this coking blend.
    My totally unqualified opinion is that any hiccup in production will see as large upward spike. Like a major strike as coal unions object to continual wage level reduction plus redundancies. A cyclone in Central Qld? An East Coast Low - seem to be increasing in frequency? A major mine closure!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CKA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.