CEO 0.00% 4.2¢ c @ limited

coking coal mongolia,indonesia and mozambique

1. 537 Posts.
    Explanation sent to me by Coal consultant experienced in these regions which i hope will be useful for existing and new shareholders interested in Coal as a sector:

"Mongolia:
    csn above 3 shows what C@ claimed to be soft coking properties ...not hard coking ...it also has to be coupled with a reflectance of 0.6 to be a soft coking coal ..which they have. They also know that Mongolian coals do improve CSN with washing based on lab results on many Mongolian coals ..their results are raw coal and claim to have soft coking only. see releases.

C@ does not have a hard coking coal and never claimed that; they do know they have a soft coking coal.
    Quality results were already out when the share price dropped from 17c ...perhaps because everyone was expecting a 60m seam over 6 km ...some new Tavan Tolgoi...?

Indonesia:
    Indonesian coals are not classified as hard coking in the market as agreed by BHP during the Murawai due diligence (many will claim so) even with a csn of 8 ..they cannot make a stand alone hard coke due to composition and will be sold as semi hard coal for blending.

Mozambique:
    Coals in Mozambique also have issues of low coking yield and high ash even at these low washing yields ..Riversdale had ...now Rio an issue of disposing of half the coal as very high ash thermal. Rio has the marketing ability to do this and was one issue that Riversdale had in value. Compare asset values with bids / interest for Tavan Tolgoi to Mozambique coals."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.