BCB 1.67% 6.1¢ bowen coking coal limited

Coking Coal Prices, page-6

1. 1,488 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 359
    1. The Top 4 Funds in Australia in 2022 (re achieving the highest % returns for their funds) invested heavily in coal, oil, & gas- & provide their reasons why they believe these 3 Sectors will again perform well in 2023.

AFR V. Poljak 23.1.23 said

"The investors [ie Fund managers] who backed the fossil fuel producers that dominated returns last year say the structural case for owning commodities is just as compelling now because the market is simply too conservative in estimating future demand for oil and coal.

That is not strictly true for all commodities, they argue. Iron ore and lithium producers face a more challenging dynamic short-term, so much so that some of them have become profitable short targets. But this cycle (my emphasis; & implication it will last for several more years- my words) – book-ended by supply constraints paired with smarter capital management by miners – remains a rewarding place to be"...

" I think mining investors will see years of strong returns as the next resources supercycle really gets under way,” said Regal’s head of resources, Tim Elliott, who described the construct as “incredibly bullish” for most commodities.

“There’s an array of special interest groups opposing new mines but no voice championing the benefits of new mines for consumers and living standards, for tax revenue, for creation of high-paying regional jobs and global poverty alleviation” ".

https://www.copyright link/markets/equity-markets/lonely-fossil-fuel-bulls-see-more-rewards-ahead-20230120-p5ce6k?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=nc&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1674410526
    (Google "AFR Poljak equity markets lonely" etc., to open up the full link)

BCB is fortunate that some of the coal in its tenements can be used for thermal coal- so BCB ( & other primarily met coal producers) has been selling this coal into thermal markets, since thermal has been trading at higher prices than met coal.
    This practice has the effect of reducing the amount of coal being delivered into met coal markets- thus putting upward pressure on met coal prices. (Displacement Theory ie Reduction of Supply, when demand remains strong, or is growing, will increase the prices of that Supply).

Indirectly, as Rio's valid comment above in my above 22.1.23 link (ie Rio said it will be a LONG TIME before renewables become feasible, re baseload capability etc.) help challenge the widespread MSM narrative etc. that thermal & met coal need to be phased out reasonably quickly.
    More challenges to this MSM disinformation etc, ala Rio, help refute the pervasive ESG arguments- & may lead to increased demand for thermal & met coal = higher prices for thermal & met.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.1¢
Change
0.001(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $173.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.9¢ 6.1¢ 5.8¢ $131.3K 2.187M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 641224 5.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.1¢ 342019 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BCB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.