Not much into bacon these days, but some would love that...

1. 28,507 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    Not much into bacon these days, but some would love that suggestion. Dairy also can adversely effect sinuses too and I do have those. Only once did I suffer. In exercise class, we were doing sit-ups and I was finding it very uncomfortable and wanted to run out the door and go home. Told doctor. When he learned it occurred while sitting up and down, he immediately said "sinuses".
    He said the sitting up suddenly enabled him to diagnose the problem. I became very careful about dairy eating. Now I eat whatever I like of dairy and never had a problem since. Oh, the body is a remarkably capable piece of machinery, I reckon......

"For some people, dairy products can cause mucus to thicken up, and that may cause sinus pressure and congestion." ... Avoiding these beverages when you have sinus problems, and drink at least six glasses of water every day to help keep sinus mucus thin and mobile." Internet source.

I used Ballantyne Unsalted Butter in my spud dish. The milk has curdled but reckon it will make no difference and won't be even noticed when eating. The recipe did say cream. My milk is full-cream (St David's Dairy).

If I used milk of the skim variety (as subsequent reading of receipes suggest), then I'd need to add flour. Nuh. Just settle for a bit of curdling of the cream....
    Last edited by picastoc: 26/10/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.