Scallop potatoes require slow slow cooking. This then turns them...

1. 28,509 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    Scallop potatoes require slow slow cooking. This then turns them very creamy and that is the characteristic of scalloped potatoes.
    In order to get flavour, finely diced brown onions should be layered throughout and precooked garlic or, if you have garlic powder, that sprinkled on each layer. Then throw over the lot, either milk or chicken stock. I used Mersey Valley cheese as well, but that's because I love that particular cheese. Can be eaten hot or cold.

If you try and hurry up the cooking time, you won't get creamy scalloped potatoes. You only get potatoes boiled in a liquid. Not the same thing at all.

After cooking in the slow cooker, I continued eating them for a couple more days. They had absorbed all the liquid and were very yummy and I added them to meals or just ate them for a lunch snack.

Best to have a mandoline to slice them as the thinner they are sliced the better. If doing this by hand, use a very sharp knife and adopt a patient attitude. Can't do the amount of slicing required quickly.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.