Firstly stevo, Here'e a clue to where some of the the global...

1. 705 Posts.
    Firstly stevo, Here'e a clue to where some of the the global warming has been going. Notice it's called GLOBAL warming. It is not restricted to the atmosphere. Much of it goes int to oceans as you yourself effectively admitted in an earlier post. Here is another chance for you. a rerun of a post I wrote yesterday.

First the link.
    http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/coldest-morning-in-126-years.2330880/page-92?post_id=13778865

Now the post itself.

I gave the link but you may not have read it. Very little of the heat penetrates past 2000m.

What you may care to do is take the delta T you describe as "only .02 degrees" and calculate how much heat energy is stored in the vastness of the oceans. Consider the volume to 2000m depth of the entire ocean mass warmed by this fraction and multiply it out by the heat energy needed to warm one cc of water by 1 degree C.

Please let me start you off by calculating the energy needed to heat just one cubic kilometre of water by this amount.

Firstly the number of cc s per cubic metre. A nice round million exactly.

Now the number of cubic metres in a cubic kilometre. Another nice round number, this time it's a billion.

So now we have a million, billion cc s in just one cubic kilometre.

Each cc warmed by 0.02C absorbs 0.084 joules.

Now multiply this heat energy by the cc s in a cubic kilometre and we get 84,000 billion joules.

All you need to do now is multiply this number by twice the area in square kilometres of deep warmed ocean over the entire world.

...if you're interested.

Perhaps you are not interested.

Perhaps you are more interested in poking fun at what seemed such a small number to start with.

It was a small number but our World has very large, deep oceans and they have been absorbing a large fraction of the extra heat trapped by the human enhanced atmospheric greenhouse effect.

But you don't want to believe that.

You want to pretend everything is unchanged

You want to believe we can dump whatever we want into the atmosphere.

That's what we've been doing for a long while.

It was a mistake.

Lying to yourself won't make it go away....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.