ECT 0.00% 0.3¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

Vertigo,How do you figure on the $4pt cost of mining at...

1. 156 Posts.
    Vertigo,
    How do you figure on the $4pt cost of mining at BM?
    There's no existing infratsructure to support dragline operations like you get at LV and that comes in at anywhere between $2 and $3pt (to the power stations) and probably closer to $5-$7pt for offtake partners like ESI. I suspect that mining costs for something like BM would be closer to $7-$10pt and unless MNM internalise the costs of mnining operations, may end up higher.
    Also, you do know that the seam that runs through Bacchus Marsh is significantly higher in ash than the LV seam and strip ratios and seam thickness of the LV seam is unparalleled anywhere for quality. In the end, the results from MNM's reserve testing will show this.

Also, your quite focused on the fact that ESI needs to be positioned alongside a co-located power station, which I think you are misinterpreting. My understanding is that due to the availability of the waste heat resource from a brown coal pwer station and the tendency for a power station to be a mine mouth operation in mines that have existing ifrastructure means that their sales focus is on how to intergrate with a power station. Its not that they have to, its just the natural market focus that is created when you design your target market.

I think what we all need to do (ie the Exergen gurus and the ESI gurus alike) is to try and work out the net energy shift from the end to end process and the all-of-process costs, including by-product costs like water beneficiation and capture, waste disposal etc.

we really dont have this from either co.
    hard facts, hard figures.
    comparing apples against apples.

1 big question for each company that troubles me:

Exergen - what happened to LV NexGen project where you were going to build a slurry pipeline from LV to the port of hastings? How can such a pedigree of strategic partners not be able to convince Loy Yang to do a coal deal with them yet ESI can? Even when Itochu(one of your stated partners) is a shareholder in GEAC (which owns Loy Yang)??

ESI - what the h?ll is going on with Tincom?? This (supposed) binding agreement with company making fanfare is now about 12mths behind initial expectations.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.515M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $3.469K 1.156M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
46 19513067 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 11596834 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.