CZZ 0.00% $20.92 capilano honey limited

age... I checked in Sydney, but I asked around and tbh so far...

1. 1,340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    age... I checked in Sydney, but I asked around and tbh so far it's only aram who reports no honey in supermarkets. However, I've had multiple reports of no Beechworth honey... which helps Capilano as they are the main competitor.

Also, I don't doubt aram is telling the truth, as I have had multiple reports of non-restocked honey sections... ie, getting to the bottom of the barrel (indeed, in my own supermarket Capilano honey stocks were limited and almost run out) so I think that the shortages are real.

Also, this implication about Capilano using Chinese honey without saying so is slanderous and lacks evidence. They say on the allowrie packets that honey is imported. If consumers have a problem with that, they should buy beechworth or capilano honey. If they want to save a couple of dollars, they can eat imported honey. Welcome to capitalism folks. It's perfectly possible to reduce honey intake as will be the case for many as prices go up.

More importantly food manufacturers use honey in their products and its not so good for them to stop using honey. Word is Capilano is very good about saying "look we don't have enough Australian honey for you, buy our imported honey or go to the supermarket like everyone else." I have it on good authority they are upfront about the origins of the honey. They profit either way. Obviously manufacturers can't buy it in bulk at supermarket.

Basically 100% Australian honey is moving from standard to luxury product due to it being in short supply. I still maintain the biggest risk is that the beekeepers start selling it all out of boutique shops or the back of their trucks. God knows I buy local honey direct from the beekeeper when I have half a chance.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CZZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.