My early working life I worked for a frozen food company. It was...

1. 2,718 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 88
    My early working life I worked for a frozen food company. It was my job to peddle frozen food to all the small towns in my area.
    I had a large district to cover.
    Each small town had at least one super market or general store. I loved that work. I got to see a lot of country and meet so many nice people.
    The locals had a nice shopping experience and it became a personal thing where the locals knew their store keepers and the reverse.
    My company had three different pricings for the same products depending on volume I guess. And a fourth for the law, if you were pulled up by them the invoice was zero made out to donation to who ever it was. The trucks weren't big and were overloaded at start of each trip.
    It was in the sixties when things started to change, Slowly Dickens, 4square, Foodland, Purvis, Ritchies and a few others started to appear and the groups started to become buying groups. That's when the group specials started to appear and we became delivery boys as the deals were done at head office and the price squeezes were on.
    I consider its been down hill ever since to what we have now.
    Not much fun shopping now all just herded through the check outs that don't talk to you.
    Poor service the order of the day.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.