colin powell endorses barack obama , page-5

1. 12,609 Posts.
    Just had a listen to this. That sure is one very substantial endorsement from Colin Powell, particularly by virtue of the fact that it is given with such clear reasoning.....a very inspiring assessment. All that the American people now have to do is vote Obama in, and I think Powell's prediction of Obama being an exceptional president will prove correct.

I think the Republican Party endorsement of the anti Muslim comments that Powell spoke about is arguably the most significant and important issue in this campaign. That ridiculous mindset indicates a party that cannot move forward in the world that we now live in......a world that has been created more by the disproportionate and misguided reaction to 9/11, than by the 9/11 attack itself. That is not to trivialise the attack, but more to avoid understating the magnitude of the failure of the response.

The subsequent vilification of anything Muslim proved to be a vote winner for awhile, but the time has come to move past that simplistic mindset. The reality is, that type of thinking never had a place in this world, but as we know, it was a vote winner for a long time, not to mention the fact that many still firmly subscribe to that negative and futile line of thinking.

What a great day it will be for the world if Obama is elected. It will send out some great messages to the world. America stands to gain so much from that simple stroke of the pencil......or lose too much to even bear consideration.

The potential global positivity created by an Obama success on November 4 will be cause for some great celebration on Melbourne Cup Day.

Something tells me that the US majority has now stopped listening to McCain and Palin, and are actually looking forward to their new president, Barack Obama, with great anticipation, pride and relief. Let's hope so.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.