There are uncountable hardships going one elsewhere on the...

1. 926 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 596

There are uncountable hardships going one elsewhere on the planet, but we humans can be an illogical and uncaring bunch as far as tackling priorities go. This little tragedy has the elements that get our attention.

I imagine the conservative advice given was that the whale would probably have died anyway. Nevertheless, it’s incredibly unimaginative just to talk for 5 days and then kill it.

You have to try in order to succeed. In my experience bureaucrats are generally more concerned about the other side of the equation - how failure might conceivably reflect poorly back on them. Thus the whales fate is sealed.

This mindset may not apply to the guys on the water, but it generally applies to the people further up the chain.

However, just for a minute imagine if a number of feeding technique were seriously tried … and one actually worked. A world first, fantastic research project, a focal point for the entire country.

Remember, people have always said things can’t be done, until someone suddenly surprises and does it. That’s how our civilisation advances much of the time. No great advance this time I fear.
    PE

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.