SOL 0.43% $35.27 washington h soul pattinson & company limited

Collaboration on pricing shares and options. Melbourne

1. 3 Posts.
    Is there anyone in Melbourne who is into value investing that wants to collaborate and work on pricing shares, call/put options; or share insights and opinions on industries? Its always risky throwing the net out like this but Im happy to engage with anyone who has an interest in pricing risk and growth and paying as little as possible for it (although, I have to admit, I dont have much patience if your latest long ideas are still Tesla, Afterpay or Bitcoin).

Im motivated to see who's interested, as much because I think the best work is generally done collaboratively as Im convinced that there is a depth of experience and perspectives with which to expand and challenge what I know.

My influnces are: Peter Lynch, Joel Greenblatt and Jeff Gundlach, as well as (standard) BRK's CEO and Vice-President. My Interests are financial institutions, bio-tech, and non-gold commodities. The story of how I got into investments and finance is somewhat coincidental. After dropping out of a masters degree in moral philosophy with a view of how society is organised, I was convinced that whatever caused the GFC wasnt adequately dealt with, rather, simply deferred. So I started to read up on what happened. The Crisis led me to derivatives which led me to Residential Mortgage Backed Securities, which lead me to banks and capital funding, which lead me to understanding annual reports and accounting and so on in an evolving loop until I got pretty good at it. Seven years later here I am hoping youre bright, have an intuitive sense of what it means to price something, and somewhat ambitious. Im 32.

Happy investing. PS altho I hold 'SolPatts its just listed because I had to include a company to post on the forum

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SOL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$35.27
Change
0.150(0.43%)
Mkt cap ! $12.65B
Open High Low Value Volume
$35.00 $35.28 $34.92 $2.629M 74.99K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 167 $35.26

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$35.28 348 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SOL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.